Monday, November 16, 2009

We're engaged....again?!

Maybe I wouldn't call it being engaged again but maybe that we're officially married again? About a month ago Brian lost his wedding ring at a softball game. (pausing for gasp) I can't quite believe how this could happen with his fool proof safety keeping method of putting his ring IN A PLASTIC BAGGIE during the game. But alas, the unthinkable happened. Somehow that trusty plastic baggie that he's been using since May lost the ring. When Brian and I went to the ultrasound, I felt like I was on that MTV show "16 and pregnant" because Brian didn't have a ring on! Stupid, I know but that's hormones for you. I may or may not have told him that if he didn't get a new ring by March that the baby may or may not end up with the last name Gillespie. So tonight I went to the jeweler who luckily still had Brian's ring in stock and in his size. They actually had 2 but I resisted buying "the spare" because if Brian loses this one, he won't need another ring, he's going to need a casket. Anywho - it feels too important to just hand to him. AND thinking back..I realized that we got engaged November 14, 2005 so being that close to the anniversary sent the wheels in my brain spinning. Maybe I should "propose" to Brian this time?!?! The rest of this afternoon I giggled thinking of how to set the scene and I knew I had to do it.

November 14, 2005...



When Brian proposed to me, he put flowers and candles out in the living room and tied the ring around Stella's neck. So....I laid out flowers and candles and tied the ring around Sasha's neck this time. When he called and said he was on his way home, I have to admit I was a little nervous. Hopefully he would say yes!

Setting the stage...




When Brian walked in I think he was a lot confused and a little scared. Then he goes, "Are you proposing?" I was laughing so hard I was crying.




After my romantic proposal (on one knee) he asked, "Where did you find it?" Then I hit him.



The happy couple after the engagement....I'm sure Brian is calling all his friends and family to tell him that I finally did it (like I did 4 years ago!)



And a picture of me..2 days shy of 24 weeks pregnant and newly engaged/married.


8 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh - you guys are hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, Robyn, you are so funny! Hahahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You two are adorable. Can't wait to see you both on Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it. I felt like I just watched an episode of my favorite sitcom.

    ReplyDelete
  5. you are so frickin' funny Bean. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am laughing out loud over here! Too funny:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. that is so freaking HILARIOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just like everyone else, seriously laughing out loud!

    ReplyDelete