Monday, December 14, 2009

Winter is here!

I'm not all that excited about it but considering I have no choice, there's nothing to do in MN except enjoy the winter and all the fun stuff it brings...like hot chocolate which is the only thing I can think of right now. At CHR we have a silent auction in August to raise money for charity. One of the items they auction off is an underground heated parking spot at work. I told Brian that I was going to bid on the January and February spots and he better not complain because just about any price was worth it to me not to have to heat up my car or walk on the ice my last 2 months of pregnancy! I won and I can't wait for the next 15 days to fly by so I can start parking underground. It's the best money I've spent during this entire pregnancy...and it went to charity.

Stella also HATES the winter. As soon as we turn on the heat, she strategically positions herself over or in front of a vent. If we are upstairs, she lays in the bathroom. If we are downstairs, she lays on the vent in the kitchen. I don't know how she doesn't singe her hair off because sometimes the vent in the bathroom is super warm and she will just press herself up against it.

Here she is in her 2 spots.





My mom was in town this weekend for Disney on Ice and The Nutcracker. We also got the chance to go have a 3D ultrasound which was really fun for her to get to see. The doctor confirmed that it's a boy! After the ultrasound we went to Babies R Us where my mom went a little crazy on the "buy 2 get 1 free" sale on Christmas stuff. Anyone who has been to my mom's house at Christmas time knows she puts Clark Griswold to shame..and she's trying to pass that onto my baby. She bought outfits not only for next Christmas but the Christmas after that AND the Christmas after that!!!!!! Poor Brian just looked at her like "seriously??" but he was nice and didn't say anything :)

Here they are..in order although the middle one looks really big compared to the one for next year.





The best part of the ultrasound was they give you this SUPER CHEESY DVD of the ultrasound with music in the background. Brian almost lost it when I put it on the big screen at home. I might just break it out every now and then when he irritates me. 27 minutes of a weird blob skeletor looking thing on the big screen with Twinkle Twinkle Little Star playing in the background. Priceless. Unfortunately because of where my placenta is, we didn't get the best pictures because his face was turned in most of the time. I do like this one where it looks like he's scratching his back. The ultrasound guy kept pestering me about which one of us he looks like. Umm sir? He has no nose cartilage, his eyes are just black holes, and I can't tell the difference between an arm and a leg. I would be offended if you saw a resemblance in either one of us right now!! :)



And one of his entire body - his head is facing away from the placenta.




No comments:

Post a Comment