This weekend was my first shower hosted by my amazing friends Kortney and Allison. They were such great hosts and troopers for hosting a shower with 22 people!! I was completely overwhelmed and appreciated all the wonderful gifts people brought for Baby Kippley! My friend Kary even travelled all the way from North Carolina to surprise me! We definitely feeled much more prepared now that we have so many of the necessities!!
Apparently being the center of attention makes me sweat like a linebacker so please don't judge me in the pictures. I'm only posting the less sweaty ones...
Me before the flurry of tissue paper starts...

We didn't plan it this way but Sara, Karen, Jess and I were all pregnant together. Eloise can't wait for March to have some new friends :)
And here's a pic of all the pregnant gals at the shower. Kortney and Corissa are both due in June with their 2nd!
So excited for Brian to put together the swing and the pack and play!! A group present from the UNI girls!! Thank you all! And the adorable diaper cake that Allison and her sister put together!

I put everything on the table when I got home and Brian just kept going "where do we put all this stuff?" Umm...sorry babe but this is just the beginning!!

Every gift was amazing but this is probably the cutest. It's a Tickle Monster book and it comes in a box which you open and on one side there are these fuzzy gloves that your fingers stick out through and then when you read the book, it tells you where to tickle. It it so cute in person!! Love it Kary!

The girls also put together a cute photo album of everyone's kids or their own baby pictures because apparently babies like to look at other babies. Some pictures included some words of advice to Baby Kippley so I have to share a few.
From Eloise Thompson: Here is what I know, milk is good, sleeping in the crib is ok but in mom's arms is better, bottles suck, and looking in the mirror is cool. :)
From Drew Dorsey: If you are tired, hungry, or just bored - cry and give 100%. I promise they will come. Be nice to Sasha and Stella, they will become your best buds. Save a little pee until a diaper change and then aim right for mommy. And remember - you're in charge!
They both just make me laugh :)




What a fun day! Sorry I missed it! Love catching up on your blog...everything is going to be just fine with you and the babe!
ReplyDeleteSuch a fun shower! Drew's note to your baby is hilarious. Less than 50 days? I can't believe it!!!
ReplyDelete