Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Our Due Date!

I can't believe it..today is our due date. For the past 4 weeks, I've continued to get emails from websites with the subject line "Your pregnancy...at 39 weeks" and I would just laugh because I'm looking at my baby and reading the email! Charlie will be 4 weeks on Friday and Brian and I still look at him and then look at each other and can't quite believe he is here.


Our family picture before going out for my birthday dinner.


Mommy and Charlie


Charlie was weighed on Monday and weighed 8 lbs 3 oz - "weigh" to go champ! Sorry, I feel like being sleep deprived has sucked all the funny right out of me! He has graduated from the infant feeding program at Abbott. Ever since we left the hospital, we have been going back at least once a week to work with the program because being so early, Charlie had what they call a "bad work ethic" for feeding. Basically he was tired and lazy and couldn't wake himself up to eat enough. Last week we realized that he was just milking (again no pun intended) the whole thing and doubling up on his feedings because he would nurse AND take a bottle. When I told Brian he said "Now that is my son..he'll eat anything that is in front of him"! And now I know exactly what a milk cow feels like :) But I'm so happy that he's gaining and growing like a weed. We actually packed up his newborn clothes this week and put them in a bin. I have to admit that I shed a tear or two. The clothes would fit him in the chest and belly but he is very long and has really long arms so everything was looking like three quarter sleeved outfits or he couldn't stretch his legs all the way out! Even some of his 0-3 month outfit's sleeves are looking a little short.

Daddy and Charlie



Charlie on his due date in the first outfit I bought him! Wiener dogs of course!


Yesterday was my birthday and I had always been concerned that Charlie would be born on my birthday because I don't really like to share and didn't particularly want to share my "birthday month". Although now I realize that since our lives revolve around Charlie, my birthday wasn't as highly anticipated as years past. But it was a great birthday. I got my first "mom" birthday card from Charlie - again shed a tear. Brian and I were lucky enough to get out on our real first date without Charlie because my Mom is in town. It was weird being out without him but know he was in good hands with Grandma!
I told Brian we need to get a onesie or shirt that has a Vizla/Lab on it because we have all these wiener dog outfits but I think Sasha and Charlie are going to be BFF's since Stella doesn't even bother with him and Sasha is still in love. She thinks anytime we put him on the floor she would be right next to him. They have tummy time together.
Charlie and Grandma watching Oprah together :)
Lastly, (and the reality TV portion of the blog) our new favorite commercial is the E-Trade "milkaholic" commercial. It makes me laugh everytime it's on. I just heard on the news that Lindsay Lohan is suing E-Trade because she thinks that they are talking about her because one of the babies is named Lindsay. Are you kidding me you ego inflated burn out???? She said her first name is like Oprah or Madonna and is somehow coined. What a joke. Enjoy the commercial while it's still on!

No comments:

Post a Comment