My high school girlfriends - Erin, Megan and Kris
My friend Erin was due 6 weeks before me and because of Charlie's early arrival, our boys are only 2 weeks apart. Erin lives in Kansas City so this was the first time we got to meet her sweet little Declan! He is a big boy but Charlie seemed to hold his own. The 3 husbands got to hang out all day in the "mancave" in Kris' basement, ate steaks and shower leftovers, watched basketball playoffs, and hungout all day with the babies (and Kris' 2 year old daughter Annie). Brian thought it was great and I'm sure he was thinking how easy it was to take care of Charlie! I couldn't help wishing that Charlie would be a little fussy so Brian wouldn't get off too easy :) It's not quite the same as being at home with the dogs and a bunch of housestuff that you feel like you should be doing! But I'm glad they had a bonding day doing "guy stuff."
After the shower we moved onto the bachelorette party. It felt a lot different than other bachelorette parties. Erin, Kris, and I seemed to have graduated to the "mom" table at the bars!! When I was getting ready to go I mentally had to go through what I needed. Wallet - check. Money - check. Purse - check. Breastpump - check. Yep, let me tell you what an experience it is trying to find somewhere in a bar to pump - not going to happen! And there was NO WAY I was going to pump on the party bus. I'm 95% sure that the creapy bus driver had hidden cameras rigged in that thing and I would end up on youtube!
Because this is a family friendly blog I will only post one picture from the bachelorette party.
All of a sudden last week Charlie started smiling A LOT. It is so much fun and makes me laugh everytime he gives his big grin. He hasn't started laughing but I know that's right around the corner and I can't wait.
Also in his first pair of Gap jeans - and maybe his last! How do they sleep at night charging those prices for BABY CLOTHES? Charlie's lucky I don't make him wear those jeans everyday to get our money's worth!
Sometimes his smile curves a little into a drunken sailor smile but I love it just as much!


This look is saying "Mom - these pants are way too tight. Please take them off." I went to Babies R Us for a few things early last week and couldn't resist this adorable outfit. I'm not sure why I bought the 3 month outfit instead of a bigger size but I kind of still think of Charlie as a newborn. It was 75 at my parents' house last week so it was the perfect weather for this outfit. Sometime in the afternoon I was changing Charlie and noticed that there was an ident on his belly from the waistband of the shorts! Poor kid - he is pretty much already outgrown these! I left them on him for a little longer (the price for fashion!) but eventually took pity on the poor kid and changed him into sweatpants!

Last Wed-Sunday Charlie and I took our first road trip without Brian to stay at my parents' house. Again, he did awesome in the car. We made it both ways without having to stop which is amazing. About 10 minutes from home he started to fuss so I reached in the back and popped his pacifier in and we made it home! Brian is glad he got all the "mantime" in the weekend before because we listened to the Glee soundtrack the entire way there and back. We also watched the new Madonna episode of Glee no less than 4 times on hulu.com while we were at my parents' house. I think I even caught Charlie vogueing a few times!
My mom has been looking forward to this since before I had Charlie. She planned a very cute shower to introduce Charlie to her friends and family. Charlie got some adorable new clothes (which he was happy about so he could ditch the tight pants!)
Here is Charlie with my aunt Rita - probably making some inappropriate comment (Rita, not Charlie!) before I took the picture!

With my cousin Norma. At the shower everyone had to introduce themselves and Norma told how we both came into the family at the same time. She married my cousin Jeff the same year that I was born and she said at the first family gathering we just sat in the corner holding onto eachother and we've had a bond ever since. I blame these hormones but I got a little teary eyed :)
Hanging out on our last night in So Dak with Grandma.

I bought a travel swing to keep at my parents' house and Charlie loved it and it was a lifesaver during meals and when my mom and I played cards. Funny how this bib was the only one she could find all week when I needed one!

We've continued our weekly playdates with Colin, Eloise, and Gwen. It's so fun to get together and talk to the girls and complain about our husbands. I mean discuss parenting topics :) Aside from Oprah, Ellen, Reg/Kelly, Dr Phil, and Rachel, I will miss our playdates the most when I go back to work and will be jealous when they get together without me! Maybe I can teleconference in!
Colin was born 4 weeks after Charlie but we're pretty sure he weighs more than Charlie already!!

Gwen was getting ready to go and we didn't want to disturb her so we just put the carseat on the couch with the other kiddos! I think Eloise is beating up on Charlie because she likes him. Just like in elementary school - she's just advanced for her age.
Jess kept telling Ellie "gentle gentle" so then she grabbed Charlie's hand like "What mom, I was just holding his hand." She looks so innocent :)

I haven't put very many dog pictures on lately but I've taken some cute ones. The girls still beg for treats - they just work around Charlie now. Here they are waiting for some ice cream.


I'm hoping this video works - it's my first attempt and if it works then I will upload more at the next post! I love how Rachel Ray is playing in the background. I'll have to remember to mute next time! He started out "talking" and then was getting upset towards the end. Proabably wanting me to put the camera down and play with him!











the video worked!!! More, more!
ReplyDelete