Things are going great at my new gig. I'm starting my 2nd week so still in the honemoon phase of course but I'm loving the culture. The week I was off, my new boss and co-worker actually sent me a beautiful arrangement of flowers saying that they were excited to have me join the team! It was such a nice gesture!

Charlie and I had an amazing week off together. We had a lot of fun and kicked off the week with our friend Carter's 1st birthday party! They had a little pool so it was Charlie's first time "swimming". I realized I didn't think this through because he's not quite stable enough to sit up completely on his own so as soon as I dipped him in the pool, there was nothing left to do but take him back out and lay him on the grass. Thankfully he's so good natured that he didn't mind drying off in the grass so I wouldn't get wet!
Playing with his pal Henry who we found out actually doesn't get in the pool. He just sits outside of it :)

Charlie has changed so much in just a few weeks!! His new favorite toys are his toes. Every chance he can get he pulls his legs up and sticks that big toe in his mouth. He's always so proud of himself too that he can get it in there. Probably because his Daddy is so NOT flexible..he's showing off.
This picture just makes me laugh. He thinks it's really cool to sit on the big beds so when I was sorting laundry tonight he was just giggling sitting there.
Charlie has also started to REALLY notice the dogs. And they are both so awesome with him. Even Stella, who has the personality of a cranky old woman, is really patient when he grabs her ears or eyes. Sasha is really good though - she is just as patient as can be with his fingers poking and jabbing at her and she loves him just as much. It's pretty sweet.


We realized last week that our days of going out to eat and leaving Charlie to sleep in his carseat the entire time are over. He's still awesome and we can take him but no longer will he be content in his carseat. He enjoys sitting on our laps and checking out the view. We also have to be careful at what is in reaching distance because his eyes get really big when we bring a glass or bottle up to take a drink!
Here he is with Daddy at Crave last week.

Eyelashes that I'd pay money for. Not sure who he got these from but I'm jealous!

A few weeks ago we finally got a highchair. We'd been using a bouncy seat but Charlie is definitely ready to sit up and eat. He gets so excited when he gets in it because he knows what's coming.
We have Charlie's 6 month appt in a few weeks so we're excited to see how much he's grown since his 4 mos check up. Developmentally I feel like he changes everyday! We're pretty sure he's teething because he's drooling, putting everything in his mouth, and he's been waking up a lot in the middle of the night (not impressed) but hopefully all that means some milestones coming up!
Brian can get Charlie to laugh more than anyone else and I caught a little of it tonight! Don't be concerned that it looks like Brian is scaring Charlie. He likes that. No really, he does. I promise.






Awww! So cute of Charlie and Brian; thanks for posting it. Micah and Austin seemed to laugh at it the most. :) Side note: If he IS teething, try those teething tablets-- they work great and are a miracle! Molly
ReplyDelete