Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Goodbye Summer!

It's been a long time since I posted and I don't have anything funny to talk about but I felt the need to get some pictures posted!! One correction that Brian pointed out from my last post - Charlie's height is really in the 95th percentile and not 85th percentile :) The pediatrician said it's not a good estimator of his grown up height until they are 2!

We have been out of town the last few weekends and are going back out of town this weekend so the weeks just fly by when you don't have the downtime on the weekends!

This past weekend we went to Grinnell, IA for my brother's wedding so I made us stop in Cedar Falls so we could eat at my favorite restaurant - The Other Place (The OP). In college I'm pretty sure we ate OP breadsticks at least twice a week - they are an institution in CF. I even made Brian bring some back for me when he was in Cedar Falls for work awhile back. I just knew Charlie would enjoy them as much as his mommy!!

He mostly just sucks on them and then bites off a litte bit at a time. Here he is enjoying his first OP breadstick!









The Vikings season kicked off this week so Charlie was very excited to wear his new Vikings digs. Brian had a long pep talk with Charlie on what it's like to live a life of disappointment as a die hard Vikings fan :)








We also spent some time with my parents and Charlie got to show off his I heart Grandpa onesie. We have noticed that the majority of baby stuff either says I love mommy or grandma and the daddies and grandpas are left out. So I was pretty excited to find this one at Target a few weeks ago!









Charlie has become a side sleeper. A few times he'll roll all the way to his stomach but most of the time we put him in his crib and he immediately rolls to his side and tucks his buddy under his arm. We used to call his "buddy" a "lovey" but we have a terrible habit of calling Charlie's things the same word as the dogs' stuff. For example, when I was looking for a teether the other day, I asked Brian where Charlie's chewtoy was. And he knew exactly what I meant. It's no wonder the dogs are confused on what is theirs!


Random self portrait Charlie and I took of ourselves after bathtime!




My phone rang the other day while I was feeding Charlie and when I went to go get it, I wasn't thinking and just put Charlie's bowl on his highchair. I came back to this....lesson learned.



We also have an exciting new development....TEETH!
The first one popped through about 3 weeks ago and the 2nd came in a week after that. We are pretty sure he's getting another one because he has been up a lot at night and a little more crabby than normal. Sometimes I feel like I have an infant again with as much as Charlie is getting up but hopefully he'll be back to normal soon. I also had a loooong talk with Charlie about what it means now that he has teeth and I'm still nursing. :)
This one was taken shortly after the 2nd popped through a few weeks ago.


Charlie just adores Brian. It's a little irritating because I'm pretty sure he doesn't GAZE at me like he does at Brian when he walks in the door :) But it is darn cute. He's so proud of himself when he can sit next to Daddy on the big couch.





We've also started practicing on the sippy cups. Charlie loves water in his sippy cup. He's not very good at the tipping up part but is getting better!

4 comments:

  1. Cute photos of Charlie are always acceptable blog material! He is looking SOOO big, we need a playdate soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite pics are the ones of Charlie and Brian. Adorable and worth waiting for. Thanks Robyn! MOlly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness...Charlie is growing up so fast. He is just adorable. Hopefully he brings the Vikings good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You called his teether a chewtoy! Too funny! Good Lord!!!
    Sue

    ReplyDelete