Monday, November 22, 2010

9 Months!

9 months??? Are you kidding me? I'm having a hard time believing that my little baby is 9 months old. And a sassy pants to boot (gee, I wonder where he gets that?!) Tonight I was changing his diaper and his new thing is that he wants to turn over and sit up. It's so irritating. So I said "NO" pretty firmly and he just laughed. I had to try not to smile at him. I sat him back down and he immediately tried to turn over so I said "NO" again sterner and slightly louder...more giggles. He obviously doesn't take me seriously. He must get that part from Stella!

As a 9 mos old, I guess he's really starting to become a man. Don't believe me?? I picked up Charlie from daycare last week and his daycare lady said he had a really bad rash "down there." So when I got home and saw the redness, I called the pediatrician right away - this wasn't a normal diaper rash. Apparently it's a yeast infection! She told me to get some lotrimon. I asked the pharmacist what to get and he said the same stuff that guys use for jock itch! So yes, my 9 mos baby already has jock itch! Brian of course recommended a little Goldbond (his cure for everything from a blister to the sniffles) but I said we were not putting Goldbond on a baby!!

Here he is with his BFF's. "Hey, what are you guys doing out there?"


One of his new favorite things is the dishwasher and our tupperware cabinet. We're pretty lucky that he knows which cupboard has tupperware because he doesn't try the other doors...yet.

YB's - if you're reading this, thanks for the great idea to keep all of our butter, sour cream, and cottage cheese containers. Those look like great stackable toys!



"Wow, we have a lot of tupperware."


"Look, there's tupperware in here too!"


Charlie's 2 top teeth broke through this weekend and these teeth gave him fits compared to the bottom 2. He's been cranky and chewing/biting on EVERYTHING! As you can see below, we may or may not resorted to plastic frozen shot glasses as teethers! This is going to be a good one to pull out when he's in college!






Our buddy Drew came over while his Mommy and Daddy went to the Vikings game (Childress' last game! Woohoo!) The boys had a great time together. The table was especially their favorite.



Here they are in Charlie's favorite spot. The ottoman! Now that Charlie knows how to pull himself up to standing, that's all he wants to do. His daycare lady said he took no morning nap and 1/2 hour afternoon nap because all he wanted to do was stand in his crib!


Notice everything in the mouth..toys, fingers, shot glasses...



Crazy grin before bedtime. This is his "I'm so tired but I'm not going to admit it" face


We went out for dinner with the Kriegs and Endorfs Saturday night and I think we were pretty daring. 6 adults and 3 babies under 1. They all did great. Gwen looks like she's trying to cozy up to Charlie but he's got his eye on some older women at a different table.


Sometimes I may or may not irritate Brian when he is home alone with Charlie. My intentions are all good but apparently I call to check in just a little too much. I ask all normal questions like "What is he wearing?" "What are you doing" "Why is he eating breakfast now? It's 10 AM!" So yeah, probably a little annoying. A few weeks ago Brian was home with Charlie when he was under the weather and mid afternoon Brian got fed up of me calling so he sent me this email titled "Charlie's Day". I had to share - he's a funny guy!

8am – bottle

815-845 playtime

845 – 900am – fighting his nap

900-945am nap

947 – Charlie removes socks

948 – socks found, put back on

10am- eats ½ macaroni and cheese with veggies

1005am- eats ½ pineapple fruit cup

1015 – playtime – he really likes the vent in the backhaul (along with the dog’s water bowl) and Sasha really loves his play ball thing (We need another gate)

1015 – laundry

1016 – Charlie removes socks

1017 - socks found, put back on

1050 – still playing, he really loves that fire truck – especially the hose on the back connected by a string

11am – vacuum family room and Charlie

1101 – Charlie removes socks

1102 - socks found, put back on

1135 – bottle

1150 – nap

1210 – lunch for Byron

1212 – Sasha snoring in the front window

1254 – Charlie awake

1255 – Charlie removes socks

1255 – Sasha sleep growling / barking to herself

1256 – Stella pawing at me to give her my lunch plate while Sasha is still sleeping

1257 – Sasha awakened to the sound of Stella licking my lunch plate and joins in

114 - socks found, put back on

115 – mac and cheese and veggies & fruit

133 – playtime

143 – Charlie removes Socks

144 – Charlie “reads” (aka eats) a magazine

145 – Magazine (pieces) removed

147 – Charlie tries to climb drapes

148 – Charlie hides socks in drapes

149 – Charlie finds wall outlet, tries to plug in sock –

150 – Outlet covers retrieved and installed

151 – playing with the talking table on his knees while never dropping his sock

155 – back to the fire truck

211 – More magazines!

240 – nap


It makes me laugh even rereading it now!
And last, Charlie loves the feel of wind in his air. He's recently discovered "Stella's vent" in the kitchen. At least once a day he puts his head over the vent so it blows his hair. Usually he opens is mouth at the same time. It's pretty hilarious and sometimes I think Stella would like to nudge him off the ledge and off her vent!


No comments:

Post a Comment