We've had a crazy busy summer. Mostly good, and some not so good. The good: several trips to South Dakota for long lazy lake weekends, trip to Chicago with my Mom for NKOTBSB (ah-mazing), trip to Denver for Jacquie and Ben's wedding with UNI girls, and fun playdates with our friends. With the ups comes the downs of course and unfortunately while my Mom and I were in Chicago, Brian's Grandma Frankie passed away. We miss her like crazy but are so thankful for the time that we got to spend with her - especially these last 19 months that she was able to spend time with Charlie.
So I'll just try to catch up all the pictures from this summer (the very few we took that are on my camera!) and try really hard to post more often!!
Charlie has really ditched all of his toys this summer for his police car (thanks Micah!), any kind of ball, and/or trucks. Once in awhile he will get out something else like the sit and spin that Grandma Pat gave him but 90% of the time you will find him in his car holding a ball or truck.

So happy about his police car!

Meeting new friend Beau Luskey!

First time finger painting. Way more paint ended up on him than the paper but that's what bathtubs are for.

We only braved the Twins game once with Charlie this year. He isn't as willing to just sit on our laps but he did great at the game we went to. He loves to people watch and there's all kinds of people to watch at a Twins game.
Momentous...first time at Famous Daves. Not really sure about this Daddy.
Hmm..not so bad!
First popsicle at the beginning of the summer. We realized when he knew exactly what to do that maybe daycare does popsicles for snack!! It is definitely a favorite dessert!
We were so lucky to be able to go to Denver for my friend Jacquie's wedding. It was so incredibly beautiful - at this gorgeous museum with the mountains in the background. My Mom came up to watch Charlie so Brian and I really enjoyed a weekend away!

Charlie's first trip to the fair. He DID NOT enjoy the guy who was running the train. Even with his cousins Stella and Piper along, he freaked out everytime we would go past the scary man.
Charlie really loves his books. In the morning while I'm getting ready he will just sit on the couch or on his chair in his room reading books to himself.
Charlie is #1!
I bought this chalkboard sticker thing when Charlie was born thinking I would write notes and stuff on it. I never used it so I moved it down to the bottom of the wall and Charlie loves it!!
And we're into fall...
Charlie is king of the yard!
Fun with the leaves!














No comments:
Post a Comment