Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Happy Anniversary to us!

Tomorrow is our 3rd wedding anniversary. I can't believe it's been 3 years since we were in Mexico exchanging our vows on the best day of my life. I went to Target today to get Brian a card and I think they are really missing out on a niche market called "crazy pregnant women who need cards." I was looking for a card that said something like "Honey, I'm sorry that I've been a hormonal crazy bi-atch for the past few weeks (or months). I'm sorry for going crazy and having a melt down in the car on Saturday night when the chinese restaurant was closed because the electricity was off on that block. I'm sorry that I told you I wanted ice cream but didn't give you any direction forcing you into Cub to buy the largest assortment of ice cream treats (including 10 small Ben&Jerry's pints) just because you were scared to come back with the wrong flavor. I'm sorry that I started wearing granny panties at 8 weeks just because they were comfortable. I'm sorry that I make you rub my cankles every night to get the sock lines out. And I'm sorry in advance for what the next 4 weeks will bring to your life if your son doesn't make an appearance very soon." BUT Target didn't have a card even close to all that so I just picked up the generic Happy Anniversary, blah blah, Love you blah blah card.




Our big plans for tomorrow include breakfast at Hells Kitchen (no this is not a nickname for our kitchen when I cook). It's a fantastic breakfast place downtown Minneapolis. Then I have an OB appt where I'm hoping she'll confirm what I know - that this child is already about 8 lbs and she will induce me next week. Then tomorrow night we're heading out for dinner if I can stay awake past 6:30! Fun stuff!




But seriously, Brian has been such a trooper these past 9 months. He always has been great about doing stuff around the house and splitting all the household chores with me without having to be asked but he's really stepped it up a notch since I've been pregnant. He probably is bordering on sainthood these days for all he puts up with but I appreciate it more than he knows and can't wait to venture into parenthood with him. I'm pretty sure he stopped reading the blog a few months ago but if you do read this today Brian - I Love You!!

Oh what I would give to be on a beach drinking a mojito or miami vice right now.....

4 comments:

  1. Brian is a saint! Your blogs crack me up. If you think your emotional now, just wait. Happy Anniversary by the way, I remember taking Syd to your reception just 10 days old! I keep thinking about you. I didn't know you were measuring 2 weeks early.......good luck squeezing that baby out. Brian will really be a saint if he gets you though labor. Maybe we should have a support shower for Brian? Instead of baby gifts we bring him beer and hard alcohol? What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, you really make me laugh Robyn!! I think you should pitch a new card line to target. You could call it "crazy biatch". I can't believe how close you are to your due date (hopefully closer to actual "birth" date)!!! Enjoy your hell's kitchen and make sure you make it out to dinner to soak in all of the alone time you can get! Congrats on your anniversary! I would cut off my big toe to be on the beach sipping a margarita right now...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just realized today is officially one month until your due date!!! Of course we're expecting Baby Kippley earlier, but it's still exciting :) And Happy Anniversary! Brian may win best husband award for the ice cream story - way to go Brian!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like Sara's idea. And I remember that tiny little baby at the reception! Let's not forget some of our friends' husbands :) Robyn your blogs make ME cry when I'm not laughing!

    ReplyDelete