Thursday, February 4, 2010

A shower extravaganza!

As of last night, my showers are all done. I can remember registering and thinking that everything seemed so far away still. Now I had my last 2 showers and all I have to do is finish up on a few things and....wait. I had my 35 week appt yesterday and I'm still measuring exactly 2 weeks ahead. My doctor said it doesn't mean anything except that the baby "could be big." God help me. I think it means she should induce me 2 weeks ahead but apparently we are not on the same page. She doesn't realize how determined I can be and she has to see me every week now...

My shower on Sunday was hosted by Brian's aunt's Anne and Deb and his cousin Karen. Anne had asked me what I've been craving (other than sugar) and I said Mexican food. I didn't realize that was a reason behind her question but they had fajitas, taquitos, guac and chips, etc! So delicious!! We played the dirty diaper game where they put a crushed up and melted candy bar in a diaper and you had to guess what candy it was. It was completely disgusting and hilarious! We also played this game where they had to guess and cut a streamer length on how big my belly was. Some people (Colleen) were very nice and had very small streamers. Some people (Julie) are just cruel and I could have wrapped that streamer around me twice! Some people may be off the Christmas card list :) Brian's grandma won the game - which is very fitting since she had 8 kids of her own to know how to measure this belly by looks!


The amazing cupcakes - some had a filling and they were all differnet flavors. So good.



Me with my hostesses.



With the grandmas (my mom and Brian's mom)



My shower last night was held by my friends Teresa and Leah and was a "co-worker" shower. They had it at a restaurant and even Brian put in an appearance. They had little cups of conversation hearts (my favorite candy) that had baby sayings on it. I didn't do a very good job at taking pictures at my work shower so hopefully I can add a few when poeple share.

For some reason all the homemade gifts really send me into tears at the showers. I was pretty much a mess at the family shower but I blame the crazy hormones. Brian's aunt Deb made the gorgeous quilt on the right and she always sews in the sweetest messages too. She also made a bib and burp cloth and another blanket. My mom made the afghan in the middle and it is so soft. And my co-worker Jan made the elephant on the right. It is so huggable and I know will become a lifelong favorite for the baby.

Brian's grandma also gave us the christening bib that all of her kids wore at their baptism. That sent me into tears too. I want to find a shadow box and hang it on the wall of the nursery. It's really delicate!



I'm pretty sure this baby is set!!! Brian doesn't even know where we're going to put all of the awesome stuff that we have now!

No comments:

Post a Comment