Monday, March 1, 2010

2 weeks and 8,000,000 diapers later...

I may be exaggerating just a tad on how many diapers we've gone through..but not much. Charlie has this weird talent for filling his drawers just minutes after we've changed him. We can't believe that 2+ weeks have gone by since Charlie arrived. I feel like everything is just a blur and thank goodness for all the pictures so I can remember everything. Overall, things are going great. Charlie is an AMAZING baby. He sleeps 95% of the time and the nurse practitioner said that he is a sleepier baby than normal because he was born early and he still thinks he should be in the womb! Brian's mom said Brian was a lot like this as a baby - totally easy going and low key so we're hoping that Charlie keeps his sweet easy temperment.

Charlie at exactly 2 weeks



Charlie with his eyes open - this doesn't happen very often so I had to catch him!


As a follow up to my last post, our first post-baby date was a little bit of a fluke. We sent Charlie away in the hospital to get circumsized and Brian and I went down to McDonalds for breakfast. While we were there we realized it was Valentine's Day and laughed about our hot post baby date! The dogs are doing awesome with Charlie. Stella doesn't really care about him or pay him any attention and Sasha is really concerned about him. Everytime we go somewhere and come back she checks out the carseat to make sure he's ok. The first night we had him home he was crying when I was changing him and Sasha started whining. It was pretty funny.

Charlie praying. No we didn't even pose him. He was probably trying to get his fingers in his mouth but they ended up here and he was too tired to keep working on it! You can also see Sasha's nose peeking in on him.



Charlie's first bath. We were expecting him to scream and cry but he LOVES being in the warm water. Probably because he's supposed to still be in my tummy where it's like a nice warm bath!


I'm pretty sad that the Olympics are over. There was always something on TV for the past few weeks and I wasn't mad if I fell asleep in the middle of an event. I can tell you everything and anything about curling now. Brian and some guy friends are convinced that if they started a curling team, they would be ready to compete by 2014. These guys are pretty competitive (I know from watching them play softball for 8 years) so I think that they'd have a shot if they tried. I'll keep you all posted. I'll blame it on the hormones but I cried at just about every medal ceremoney where a US athlete won gold. And don't even get me started on that adorable figure skater from Canada whose Mom died a few days before her competition started. I sobbed during each of her performances and the medal ceremony. Now that the Olympics are over I need to find other shows to watch during the day while Charlie and I are hanging out (since he sleeps in my arms pretty much all day).

So far this is our schedule:
8-9 - wake up, change and feed Charlie - 3 minutes to eat Cap'n Crunch w/ Berries (my sugar cravings have not subsided even though I'm not pregnant anymore..)

9-10 - We switch back and forth between Ellen and Reg and Kelly depending on who is on

10-11 - Switch back and forth between The View and Price is Right. Last week Octomom and The Jersey Shore cast was on so I tried to not expose Charlie to that much trash in a row so early on in his development.

11-12 - usually feeding and changing Charlie

12-1 - Days of Our Lives - I haven't watched in 10 years yet I picked up on the story lines immediately. Weird.

1-4 - a mix of MTV, Bravo, and VH1 reality shows. My favorites are Taking the Stage (like Fame but real people), Kell on Earth (this woman is ugly and scary but it's addicting to watch), 16 and Pregnant (now I really know what these girls are in for!) and Shear Genius. Oh yeah - and I feed and change Charlie here too.

4-5 - Oprah (what I was most looking forward to during my maternity leave)

5 - Wait for Brian to get home and hang out with us!

Some of you may wonder when cooking dinner and cleaning house fit into this schedule. It doesn't...we haven't figured out how to fit that in yet. Thank goodness Brian doesn't seem to expect this when he gets home!

I love this picture because if you go back to my first blog post..it's this same pose except you insert Charlie into the picture instead of Stella!

Charlie's buddies Trey and Henry - still too little to play with them but it won't be long until they are wrestling on the floor. And we are very excited for the arrival of Henry's brother or sister in September! Congrats Mindy and Cory :)



We've also had lots of visitors and friends come and meet Charlie. He doesn't seem to mind being handed back and forth to people and has been such a good boy during each visit. We are very excited for my mom to come next week for a nice long visit!

I bought these month stickers to track Charlie's growth for the first year and these pictures were taken at 2 weeks. At Charlie's 2 week appointment he was already up to 7 lbs 5 oz. They like to see babies back up to birth weight at 2 weeks and Charlie was 6 lbs 11 oz at birth so he far exceeded what was expected! Good job buddy!





5 comments:

  1. The same thing happened to me with Days of Our Lives!! I love all of the photos! What a sweetie pie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, me again...Forgot to say that Brian and the guys NEED to join a curling team! We would have so much fun going to the olympics :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is he not the cutest baby!!! I am a bit bias but I do not remember my kids being so tiny and am aching to become a Grandma...at which time I will be in the news for kidnapping my Grandchildren! Beware! he is adorable...and even the announcer was crying during that skaters performance! Let us know when the curling starts...I love curling and would love to come and watch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was invited to join the women's curling league (out of which they choose for the olympics) when we moved to Lake Placid. I passed, and now regret it! I could have been your ride to the olympics! Sorry Robyn. :) Molly

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all the photos and stories Robyn. He is such a cute little nugget. Can't wait to meet him later this month!

    ReplyDelete