Last Friday Brian came downstairs to let the dogs out in the morning and noticed water on the floor. At first he thought one of the dogs had an accident but then he noticed that the ceiling was leaking!! Apparently an ice dam on the roof had gotten so bad that it was causing a leak. We couldn't get anyone to come out and take care of the damn ice dam until Sunday so Brian asked Ben to come over and "help". Read: Ben get up on the roof and chip away at the ice. So Charlie is taking a nap, Ben is on the roof, Brian is on the ladder leaning up next to the roof and I'm handing out buckets of hot water to Brian through the upstairs bathroom window. We were really classing up the neighborhood!! Brian and Ben got enough to stop the leak and then the guys came out Sunday to finish the rest of the roof (at $275 PER HOUR!)
Charlie really enjoyed the buckets on the floor. I kept telling him to stop playing with them but I suppose one should know if you put buckets and pots and pans on the floor it's just asking for your child to play with them!
I had to go out of town on Monday for work so Brian and Charlie were left alone on Sunday night. I was flipping through the camera later this week and noticed this. Brian thought it was hilarious to set up Charlie in his own recliner using Stella's bed and our "floor blanket." Gross.
I should have known when I picked up Charlie from daycare looking like this, we were in for a rough weekend. This is what happens when your child has mulitple blowouts at daycare and none of the spare clothes really match. :)
I was really hoping to go out for dinner Friday night but Brian got home too late from work and we've realized that Charlie is like a Gremlin. You don't want to take him out in public past about 6:30 or you will be sorry. Brian was craving BBQ so we tried to call TGIFridays for takeout...but they closed their EP location.
Saturday we were lucky enough to go have lunch with Brian's grandma (Great Granny Frannie) but we thought we'd be smart and go to D'Brians (salad place) close to St Paul and not EP so that the food would stay fresh. Except the 2 stores that I had pulled up on my phone are only open during the week because they are in office buildings! So we were wandering around downtwon St Paul trying to find a salad place.
Sunday was the worst day yet. We were so excited to have Charlie's 1st birthday pictures with the amazingly nice Mandy Guth. We thought Charlie should be nice and fresh so we gave him a bath this morning. Except he slipped in the tub and split his lip - blood and everything. It all looked ok but I don't know if Charlie was just tired or not into pictures but he was SUPER CRANKY during the photoshoot. I will be shocked if we even have one with a smile. We even had a super cute cake for a cake smash but he refused to wear the adorable birthday hat I got. Oh well - hopefully he got it out of his system before his big party next week!!!
Charlie and I both needed a nap this afternoon to recover from the traumatizing morning! This afternoon was much better. Lots of playing. Charlie's favorite thing right now is taking things out of one container and putting them in another (and God help you if the toilet seat is up as both our daycare lady and we have learned!)
Below he takes legos and puts them into the block container or the big basket.
Below he takes legos and puts them into the block container or the big basket.













No comments:
Post a Comment