Thursday, February 10, 2011

My cup runneth over

The years just keep flying by. Honestly, I can't believe it has been 4 years since we were walking down the aisle in the MUCH warmer climate of Mexico. I don't know if you would have asked me at that time what I would have expected in 4 years of marriage but I don't think my imagination could have lived up to reality and where the last 4 years have taken us.

Last year we were preparing to go to Wildfire (a great restaurant) and instead I went to the hospital to get checked out for my gas problems and ended up being checked in for high blood pressure. 2 days later Charlie graced us with his presence.

So this year Brian decided that we'd give Wildfire another shot! Grandma Pat came down to EP to watch Charlie while we had a very belated 3/4 year anniversary dinner.

I'm feeling so warm and blessed tonight (possibly on account of the 3 yummy glasses of Pinot Noir I had at dinner). But we have so much to be thankful for. Our wonderful family, amazing friends, each other and most of all...Charlie. Plus Brian got me the Season 1 of Glee so Charlie and I are in for a Glee marathon on Sunday! I'm so lucky to have Brian as my life partner/roommate/husband/co-parent, etc. He lets me boss him around and take him for granted every day and just laughs and rolls his eyes at me. I couldn't imagine a better friend to have gone down this journey with.

Here's our pre-anniversary post last year. It makes me laugh how quickly things changed in one day....

http://robynandbriankippley.blogspot.com/2010/02/happy-anniversary-to-us.html

My wonderful little family...

No comments:

Post a Comment