Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Homesick

I'm traveling for work this week. It's actually a pretty short trip. I left on Monday afternoon and I'm flying back out tomorrow morning but now that we have Charlie, days away from home are hard. I try to remind myself to ENJOY the quiet and the reading but especially now that Charlie sleeps through the night, it's not as much of a treat and really I just miss being home with my boys and the dogs. On top of that my pity party is not being helped by the fact that Charlie started to WALK while I was gone!! That little stinker! Brian said he's been taking up to 5-6 steps at a time all of a sudden both at home and daycare. He and my daycare lady were discussing whether to tell me or not or let me think he did it when I got home. I thought I had told them to push him down if he got close to taking a step!! Darn them!


I was watching Teen Mom 2 last night - hey traveling is a good way to get in shows that Brian won't even let me put on the DVR - and even watching those dumb girls made me miss Charlie! I was in my office this afternoon and started looking through pictures of Charlie on my laptop and I just love looking at how much Charlie has grown. It's really fun to see glimpses of his personality in the earlier pictures too.


Here are a few of my faves. that I just have on my desktop.



He looks like sloth in Goonies. I can say that because I'm his Mom. :)






His adorable Rolling Stones shirt from Anne and Michael. We got this awesome toy from Grandma Pat for his birthday. It's a magnetic alphabet singing toy. He LOVES it and it's saved us from having to get out the tupperware (and then wash them every night).


Last Saturday I don't know what happened but Charlie fell 3 times in 5 minutes. He's just in such a big hurry to get everywhere he doesn't even pay attention to where he's going. So he got his first shiner! I have a few better pictures on my camera at home but you can still see it here. You can also see his new tooth. He's up to 8 now. 2 more have come in on the bottom since his birthday.

His eyelids look bruised but I think that is just a trick of light.


This is a video I took the week after Charlie's bday. I was trying to get a good shot of him dancing but he only does it at the beginning. It's kind of uneventful but I love when he reaches back to start the music again. You can also just see the wheels in his head turning to see if he can reach the table without dropping first.


1 comment:

  1. I will have to try out those books for sure... I'm not above teen reading! :)
    Your pictures of Charlie are adorable!

    ReplyDelete